Home Gym Setup Recommendations:
My one general rule when setting up your home gym is don't get overwhelmed with all of the accessories. Focus on the few basic items that you will be utilizing for a majority of your training (Power Rack/Barbell/Weights). Add-on from there at your own preference and budget.
- Power rack or sturdy multi-purpose Squat Rack
- Adjustable bench (if it can adjust to a 15-30 degree decline even better)
- Olympic Barbell
- Weights (iron, rubberized, bumper, etc...) totaling to at least 200+ lbs depending on your strength level. Add-on as necessary.
- Resistance Bands (Variety)
- Dumbells - These could be optional, but I'd lean towards strongly preferred. If you have the means to get an adjustable pair to save space even better (I use the Bowflex 1090's and love them). If not, get a set going to at least 50 lbs. Add-on as necessary.
- Foam Roller
- Medicine Ball
- Dip Bar* or Dip Bar add on that can attach to power rack
- Dip Belt*
- Kettlebells* while not essential can be of great use and can be used as substitutes for dumbells on most exercises
- Jump boxes or pedestals*
- Cable Machine*
- Arc Trainer*